When women hit a certain age, they become overly concerned with how they look. Do you see these wrinkles? Is that a grey hair? What happened to my butt? And with all of these products that promote stopping or slowing down the aging process, women (and even men) are spending so much time and money on trying to look younger.
I don’t know if I’ll ever hear my mom stop complaining about how much she’s aged in the past few years and I’ll probably be doing the same thing when I get to be her age (which isn’t very old), but I think she’s absolutely gorgeous and looks great for her age! And I’m not just saying that because she’s my mom…
My mom takes great care of herself and I want her to feel as young and glamorous as I think she is. Here are some tips I’ve learned from my mother on how to look your youngest without spending a fortune on plastic surgery and cosmetics.
1) Exercise is so important! Keep that body in shape by going for a nice walk! My mom loves to walk our dog everyday. It keeps both of them in shape.
2) Be sure to be extra gentle when you cleanse and moisturize your face. Being rough with the skin your face causes unseen damage that can surface as you age.
3) Stay out of the sun! I know this is hard because who doesn’t like a nice tan?! My mom says sun damage is the worst and causes wrinkles. She always uses sunscreen and wears a hat to protect her face from sun damage.
4) Stay active and participate in fun activities. Laughing, having fun, and surrounding yourself with positivity really does wonders for your mind, body, and spirit.
5) And most importantly, tell that special woman in your life, whether it be your mom, grandma, aunt, or wife that she is beautiful everyday that you can. It’s hard dealing with getting older so make them feel good! They deserve it.
If telling them isn’t enough, do what I did and try making her a unique personalized gift. A YourCover magazine cover is perfect for expressing how beautiful she is by using your favorite pictures of her and personalizing your own headlines!
It was so easy to make and I had a lot of fun choosing family pictures and remembering all the fun we’ve had together. I know my photo magazine cover will make her really happy and that’s the most important thing.